Reasons to become a Glossopdale Harrier
- Social – It’s more fun running in a group! The miles can tick away without you realising as you run and chat.
- Safety – It’s safer running in a group and you can be seen more easily on dark winter nights.
- Encouragement – We are a friendly and inclusive club aiming to encourage everyone. We value participation and enjoyment.
- Regular Runs – We have regular weekly club runs and members are constantly organising ad-hoc runs at all times of the day/week!
- Variety – As a club we run on road, trail and fell. We explore most of the local area and it’s a great way to get to know the local fells and even to improve your navigation skills.
- Competition – Whatever your ability, you will find others at a similar level to help push you to achieve your goals. We have Club Championships covering road, fell and trail events. In the winter season, if you are EA registered – why not sample the delights of cross country running?
- Camaraderie – Whether it’s social running in a group, meeting fellow club members at races, being part of a relay team, meeting for non-running social events, or spending a weekend or a week away at some new running spot, there is great camaraderie within the club.
- Advice – Coaching and advice on running related matters such as training, equipment, routes, etc.
- Sign up and Save Money – The Club will pay £5 towards your annual EA registration! This will give you discounts on England Athletics affiliated race entry fees and other benefits.
- Style – Who can resist the famous blue and orange vests, tee shirts, hoodies or buffs?
|Individual with EA membership||£21|
|Student/unwaged with EA membership||£16|
England Athletics (EA) is the membership and development body for athletics and running clubs in England. If you plan to race on the roads or trails, we recommend that you opt for EA membership – you’ll often qualify for discounted race entry and be automatically registered as running for Glossopdale Harriers. EA membership is also required to take part in events such as Cross Country races. See the EA website for more benefits of membership.
Glossopdale Harriers contribute £5 towards your EA membership (reflected in the annual fees above).
Junior members between the ages of 12 and 17 (inclusive) are welcome to join the Club with parental consent.
We ask that before joining, all prospective junior members arrange to attend a trial training session with a parent/guardian in attendance, to meet with the club coaches and discuss their previous running experience and goals. The coach will be able to advise whether our training sessions are suitable and what the club can offer.
Alternatively, please contact the Membership Secretary for more information on junior membership.
We are an athletics club registered with UK Athletics, the governing body for athletics. As such we are bound by their rules. In short, our Club rules are:
- Don’t join more than one club as a ‘first claim’ member.
- Don’t enter races as a Glossopdale Harriers runner if you are not a paid up member.
- Don’t claim an EA discounted race entry fee if you are not EA registered.
- Do pay your annual subscriptions on time.
- Do wear official club colours when you compete as a Glossopdale Harrier.
Try out a session
If you’d like to attend a trial session before you join, please provide some basic Emergency Contact Details and then get in touch with the membership secretary – we’ll be able to advise about session details and let the coaches/run leaders know to expect you.
Ready to join?
Just complete the online membership form and make the appropriate payment (fees and payment details are provided on the form).
Any questions? Ask the Membership Secretary!