- Club Championships
2023 Club Championships
- Overall results
After Langsett Loop (Oct): PDF · XLS
- 2023 Leader Board
After Langsett Loop (Oct): PDF
- Road results Final
After Buxton 4 (July): PDF
- Fell results
After Tintwistle 3 Trigs (Sep): PDF
- Trail results Final
After Langsett Loop (Oct): PDF
Welcome to the 2023 GDH Club Championships!
Based on the success of 2021 and 2022, feedback from members and COVID uncertainty, this year the Champs will be a based upon monthly time trails, but a few of them do coincide with real life races, so here you have the option! We hope there is a little something for everyone in the events on offer and we would love to repeat the record level of participation we saw during the last 2 years.
- 10 monthly races (3 races in each discipline – Road, Trail and Fell plus an Ultra)
- 2 Anytime challenges
- To qualify for the overall Champs, you must complete at least 5 races plus one anytime challenge. All qualifiers will receive a limited edition GDH gift!
- The overall champion (one for each gender and age category), will be award to the individuals who accumulate the most points
- To qualify as a discipline winner, you must complete all 3 events, e.g., all 3 Fell races
- The Ultra counts only towards Overall (i.e. not a discipline)
- Prizes available – MSenior, M40, M50, M60, M70, FSenior, F40, F50, F60, F70, applicable in each Overall, Fell, Road & Trail (40 prizes up for grabs!). NOTE: For the whole years champs please enter your category based on your age at 30/11/22
- Times will be collected for each month and then given a ranking depending on how many people took part. For example, if 30 FSenior and MSenior do Hyde 7 in June, the fastest in each will receive 30 points, 2nd will receive 29 and so on.
- In months where there is a real-life race, participants can choose to enter the actual event or run the route at any time during the same month.
- The Champs will commence on February 1st, and finish on November 30th.
- New for 2023…..
- This year we will look to audit category winners, so please be prepared to evidence your route by recording on Strava or some other suitable platform.
- Instead of self imposed time penalties for mistakes, this year we have introduced a fixed penalty system, varying per race, detailed below.
- Final decisions regarding disputes over time penalties rests with the Champs Sub Committee.
GDH Multi-Terrain Ultra
30m (48km) · Mixed · Time Trial
Map/Notes · GPX: Fell / Trail / Road
Segment: Fell (NA) / Trail / Road
Errors: 30 mins per missed CP on the Fell leg, and 15 minutes for any deviation on Road and Trail (max. 1 error per leg)
Tintwistle 3 Trigs
14m (23km) · Fell · Time Trial
Errors: Any missed Trig, DQ – Repeat Route
The Anytime Challenges
The rules of the Championship are simple:
- Play fair and be honest.
- Prioritise safety over race time.
- For fell routes we strongly recommend you to run with a partner or group, however this is not mandatory.
- Be mindful of road crossing, other users of the road and trail, take headtorches and wear hi-viz when necessary.
- Follow all relevant guidelines:
- COVID – Welcome to GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) and COVID-19 Documentation | glossopdaleharriers (wordpress.com)
- Fell events – mandatory kit fellrunner.org.uk
- Countryside Code – The Countryside Code – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Follow GPX routes provided. In the spirit of rule number 1, if you deviate from the route and this leads to a time advantage, please adjust your submission time accordingly. Equally do not rely on the GPX as your sole means of navigation – familiarise yourself with the route and take a map and compass for fell and potentially trail events.
- For any given route or challenge, if any of the rules are not complied with, the competitor may face disqualification from that event.
As there is no requirement to enter any actual races to participate in the Champs, there is the option to make a voluntary donation to Glossop Mountain Rescue Team.
The 2023 Champs Sub-Committee